Monday, November 28, 2011

My Asshole Opinion of the Day (Hang the DJ Edition)

Facebook. I love it for many reasons. It is a great way to share pictures and information with friends and family. It is also a great way to keep in contact with people that I want to stay in contact with but don't necessarily feel like putting forth the effort to actually SEE them or have an actual conversation on the telephone with them. I am pretty sure you know what I mean. 
Facebook also has its drawbacks. Namely a few annoying stereotypes that make up everyone's friend list.  Hey, I shouldn't judge or bitch because I know I am totally guilty of wandering into annoying Facebook stereotype country from time to time. However, since this is my blog and I feel like sharing, today's Asshole Opinion of the Day is brought to you by The Facebook Friends Who Truly Believe it is Their Duty to Post Music for Your Enjoyment (otherwise known as the DJ). 
Come on! Most of us have posted music from time to time. Who knows why, maybe to show off how cool we are or share the mood we were in at that moment. That is fine. It becomes annoying when my wall is clogged up with post after post of crap that I don't feel like listening to. If I wanted to hear it, I would break out the ipod. Period.
When I see that one of my DJ friends has punched into work for the night and the music starts flowing, I often wonder if there are really any people out there on Facebook sitting in anticipation of that next song. I won't defriend a DJ but I will put them in a timeout and hide their feed. It is a vicious cycle because every now and then I go through and unhide all the feeds, forgetting why those people annoyed me in the first place. Then, on nights much like tonight, I am reminded. sigh.... 

1 comment:

  1. The funniest part about this is that I know at least one person you are referring to....

    ReplyDelete